Who ever wanted to have that outfit or skin in Guild Wars 2? Certainly a lot of people, but the real question is which of the two would be the best option? Outfits that cost gems? Or skins that cost gold?
To end the doubts, I will introduce you the Pros and Conts of each one of them.
- Very varied for Armor and weapons,
- You can get through the loot,
- Each race has 3 levels of skins, in total 135 cultural skins (5 races x 3 tier x 9 professional),
- In lion trading there is some skin that can be had for little gold, for armor or weapon,
- Each part of the armor can be painted to the player’s taste,
- X possibility to combine several pieces of armor / skins, and also a large pallet of colors combination.
- Spend a lot transmutation every time there is a new armor or new weapon,
- Each type of armor has its skin, a necromancer can not have the skins of a Warrior,
- Not all skins are appealing.
- All classes can use,
- No transmutation is spent for each new armor,
- Have some variation,
- There are very appealing outfits.
- Only through Lion’s trader,
- Each outfit costs 700 gems (you need to make at least 200g to convert 800 gems or spend 10 €),
- Each outfit has only 4 solts to paint,
- There is no possibility of combining part of armor.
My final opinion:
- If you create a new character and make the process of level up, use an outfit.
- If you already have a character at level 80, use armor skins, in my case it was rare to appear new armor or weapon than I already had.